Mail Room Clerk - Part Time/As Needed
Cashmere Mailing House is looking for a part time / on call employee with a flexible schedule. Hours and days are dependent on production schedule.
Skillsets Include: Attention to detail, hand-eye coordination, operation of copy/mail equipment (training provided), computer literate, and other duties as assigned. Ability to work without immediate supervision is highly desired.
Physical requirements include: prolonged periods of standing, bending, exposure to elevated noise level, repetitive motion, and able to lift up to 70 pounds.
Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
NO PHONE CALLS! Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description – Mail Room support clerk
- Mailroom clerks should have excellent hand-eye coordination. They must have a good memory and an eye for detail. A mailroom clerk must be able to process a lot of information while making very few errors.
- Processing outgoing mail is also part of the job description for a mailroom clerk. They weigh mail and affix postage either by hand or with a meter.
- They prepare volume mailings such as postcards or newsletters, folding items and inserting them into envelopes, and operating automated mailing equipment.
- They must be computer literate and know text based Excel usage, CVS and will be trained on mailing equipment and mailing software.
- Mailroom clerks may have other job duties such as ordering and storing office supplies, filing correspondence and other documents, sending and receiving faxes, photocopying and doing computer data entry.
- Cashmere Mailing House is a small business and from time to time needs help with housekeeping duties and plant watering outside during the summer months and snow removal in winter.
Work is performed in both shop like setting and office environment, prolonged periods of standing, bending and walking. Working in inclement weather conditions; exposure to elevated noise levels from assorted machinery.
Work involves repetitive motion.
Applicants must be physically able to lift mail sacks and trays weighing up to 70 pounds.
Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, be insurable and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
Ability to work without immediate supervision, basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.